Monday, June 8, 2015

E-mail from June 8, 2015

Dear Mom, Dad, Amanda, Blake, Bennett, Aaron, and everyone all over the world,

Congrats to Isabella and Bryce! College is truly a place to branch out test all the things that you've learned up to this point as well as prepare for even greater things!
's strange that Alex is already married, but I guess that's the life of a missionary! The world never stops!

Our investigator is golden! So golden that he doesn't even need to be baptized! In fact, he was already baptized about 25 years ago! 
That was our twist for this week and a confirmation to me that God does in fact have a sense of humor. Who knew that we had in our efforts met a man who was actually a member the whole time?! I don't know why he doesn't know more about the church or what happened in 25 years of history, but I don't think I care too much about that right now. A sheep is a sheep no matter how lost they are, and this week a precious sheep, a dear friend, was reminded of who he truly is and his potential as a Son of God. 
I often find myself wondering if we all understand the significance of being children of God! If it is true, and I have received a personal witness many times that it is, then we have been promised unbelievable treasures as our divine inheritance. If we are simply humble enough to not only acknowledge His existence, but His relevance in our lives, the simple joys of knowing our Father and having a relationship with him, as well as strength beyond our own, will be freely given. He isn't irrelevant or a fairy tale meant to keep children or the weak of mind in line. Why would we say we don't need Him in our lives? It's true that millions of people currently live and have lived without openly acknowledging the existence of God, but I plead with all of you with my whole heart, my whole soul, with every piece of my entire being, to not spend life claiming you can do it on your own and robbing yourself of a lifetime and an eternity of the most loving, caring, and understanding friend, mentor, and supporter this existence has to offer. He is there and oh, how we do need him. Of this I testify, not as a self-exalted saint, but as a once prideful (well I still am) person who has realized that there is nothing of greater worth than the gospel of Jesus Christ restored in modern times in its fullness for the benefit of all those who honestly seek after the truth.

I really do love each and every one of you with all my heart!
Elder Christensen


No comments:

Post a Comment