Tuesday, September 8, 2015

September 8,

Dear Mom, 
I honestly don't have much to say right now, but I want all of you to know that I love you! We have a couple lessons this week. One is with a 19 year old young man, who is an example to me of what it means to have a strong will and to do what jt takes to reach your dreams. I realized that in my desire to find those who have prepared to hear about the Restored gospel, I neglected to hone my ability to actually teach them and to help them take their own steps of faith on the path towards building a relationship with God and being able to say that they know that the Restored gospel is true, that Jesus Christ is their Savior, and Joseph Smith was actually a prophet of God. Extending appropriate commitments is especially difficult for me because I often feel like I don't know what they need. 
Recently, the meaning of looking forward with an "eye of faith" has taken on a new meaning, and I have realized that in many scenarios I don't quite endure to the end in faith, but occasionally let doubts or insecurities creep into my heart. One moment I may have faith like a lion, but the next day, I feel just as incapable as a little child yelling because he can't do something by himself and can't get what he wants. When I really look at all that I've accomplished, everything of worth came because of my Heavenly Father's willingness to reach out and help. He has blessed me with everything that is good in my life, and I pray that I can give even a little bit back.

Love you with all my heart,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment