Wednesday, September 30, 2015

New City and New Companion September 28, 2015



There are 6 missionaries in Kamakura, which means that both Heavenly Father and President Wada trust us here to find people who are prepared to hear about the gospel! I've gone back to the "less populated" parts of the mission where there are just hundreds of thousands, not millions of people to talk to! The ward has about 60 people who come actively, and many more less active. So many of the ward members are bright, energetic, and fired up, which gives me energy too! We have several investigators who have all begun to take lessons recently. Lots of interest in learning, but the faith to make changes in their life is still something we are trying to help with.  

A hasn't responded to our messages yet since he's gone to America. I first made contact with his family with Elder M, while we were housing one night. His mom answered the ping pong box and said they weren't interested in religion. At that point, we had no idea who A was. Fast forward several transfers, and Elder M and I were in a store getting chopsticks before going to meet an investigator, when I saw a tall boy and a younger girl walking in front of me. I wanted to talk to them, but I wasn't sure what to say at first. They stopped and looked at some ice cream, and I went over and began talking to the. That was A and his younger sister. At the time, they were unsure about making any promises, but we invited them to church. The next transfer, Elder N ran into him on the street without knowing who he was, but A remembered me and wanted to come to church the next Sunday, which he did! When I went back to his house to visit him, I realized that I had been there before and how incredible the whole experience was! Who would of thought that the son of the woman who turned us down would be interested and then bring his mom to church?! That is simply a miracle, and I am grateful God let me see it!

My new companion is Elder P from Payson, Utah! He's a singer and a fan of hearing long stories! I love you all so much! 

Tell me all the good news from Conference!

Love, Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment