Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Adam's transfer to Hodogaya! February 25, 2015

Dear family,
I love you all! How can I explain the events of this week in a short
amount of time? First of all, my time in Odawara has drawn to a close,
and I'll be transferring to Hodogaya to be with Elder S,  my
second Japanese companion. I feel as though I've met him before, but I
don't really know for sure so I'll keep you updated soon! As a quick
run through,

1. One day of pure miracles Saturday the 21st; the first man we talked
to we went to his house, taught a full lesson, and gave him a Book of
Mormon, met a less active who has been really hard to contact,and  had
a incredible conversation about the necessity of this latter day
church with a potential investigator.
2. Combined Mission Conference with Elder Ballard, Elder Rasband, and
Bishop Stevenson; They all spoke about the absolute necessity of
complete obedience, become master teachers, especially about the
Restoration and PMG chapter 3 lesson 1, and taking advantage of every
opportunity given to us to preach and testify. Elder Ballard is truly
an incredible missionary and is one if the great missionaries of this
era, and when he spoke to us, I was moved by his desire, testimony,
and Spirit. He told us that teaching requires incredible amounts of
practice, but that it is indispensable in missionary work. My pride is
still an obstacle that I need to overcome since I tend to talk too
much and not listen or pay attention to teaching for understanding.
Fortunately, I have a lifetime of practice!

I wish I had more time, but I want you all to know that this work was
never meant to be for just a few people or for just a few years and
then be done. This is a work of eternal proportions and will role
forth until it fills the world with light!

Love, love love,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment