Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Adam's post from February 17, 2015

Dearest Mom, Dad, Amanda, Blake, Bennett, Aaron, and my friends all
around the world,
I wish I had enough time to say all that's been going on in my head
the last last, but I didn't plan out my time well today and only have
a few minutes so I'll try to make the most of the time that I have and
I pray that the Spirit will guide me to say something that will help
you all.
Our investigator with a baptismal date decided to stop meeting with us
and coming to church because he became incredible busy with his
physical training that he does to fight his diabetes. When we offered
to stop by and give a message or help out (he lives alone with his
mother who's fairly aged), he replied that he couldn't take the time
so it isn't worth the effort.
In gospel principles, we studied the meaning of honesty and how it is
simple in principle, but the temptation to be dishonest frequently
overcomes our better judgement.
I don't know all the reasons why the real world seems so much harder
and more complicated than the simple truths that we all know and feel
in our hearts. I don't know why religion seems to be the cause of so
much of the conflict in the world, and and there is nothing worse than
feeling like you're surrounded by influences at you can't escape and
you can't fight. We were able to teach a simple lesson at church to
the father, who is not a member, of a part member family about
Heavenly Father. As we taught, I felt in my heart, without a shadow of
doubt, the burning truth that God is there, that he loves us, and that
he is doing everything in his power to help us along. All we have to
do is have the faith to reach out, to let go of our own doubts, and
trust in Him. I promise that He will help you, and I testify of that
truth as a representative of Jesus Christ. If you seek after Him with
an honest heart, you can know of this truth for yourself, and when you
do, please don't hesitate to talk to one of the thousands of
missionaries around the world. It can get pretty lonely out here
sometimes, and I'm sure it would probably be one of the happiest
moments of their lives as well as yours.
Love you all,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment