Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Adam's nugget from February 9, 2015


Dearest mother, father, sister,brother, brother, brother, and friends, and family,

I read recently in the Old Testament, New Testament, and in the Book of Mormon about the practice of offering sacrifices and the connection between our determination to serve God and the types of "sacrifices" that we offer as a reflection of that commitment. In ancient times, they offered the firstling of the flock, unblemished. In the New Testament, the account of the widow's mite illustrates what constitutes a true sacrifice. Can we say with confidence that our sacrifices to God are the best that we have to offer? Are we holding back some part of ourselves because of doubt, fear, or stubbornness? I'm far from perfect, but the most joyful moments I've seen are when I put aside those concerns and lay everything on the table and let God do the rest. I hope that we can all think of something we're holding back and in a spirit if humility, let it go, and I promise that the blessings will come for God has promised it.
Love,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment