Monday, January 19, 2015

January 19, 2015 quick note from Adam



I wish I could tell you all how much it means to me to get all the
gifts and love that you sent, but I would probably  not succeed
because my English and Japanese are both not very good right now!
Quick update: the sister missionaries have a baptism this next week
for the daughter of a couple from Brazil who were baptized only a few
years ago. Their daughter came to Japan, began lessons, and now has a
baptismal date, right before going back to Brazil with her Family!
One big miracle!
We've had several appointments fall through and several people drop
contact with us, but we keep talking to more people and new
opportunities are appearing all around us!
Missionary work is the craziest thing I've ever done, the most
difficult thing I've ever done, but it's changing me in ways I never
could have possibly imagined. Things that I hated to do (eat
vegetables, invite people to learn more about the gospel, be bold)
have now become a part of me. I'm not even sure what I'll be like by
the end of my mission, but I know that as long as I give my all and
keep Christ in my mind at all times, and in all things, and in all
places, there is no need to fear. Christ and  God's plan for this
life is the only thing in this world that gives this life meaning.  
Without it, families are just a convenient organization, this life is
a time to mess around and have fun, and there is no hope to drive us
through the hard parts of life.

I love you!
Elder Christensen
Last day as a district in Odawara

No comments:

Post a Comment