Monday, November 17, 2014

November 17, 2014

Hello again!
I was pretty surprised as well! I know that sometimes Boise has some weird weather, but that is still an incredibly unusual surprise! Although I'm sure that Bennett and Aaron aren't complaining, right guys? Thank you so much for the stories about Grandpa! I've already had the opportunity to share some of them with people as I've talked about my family, and they are truly incredible!
Now that there's snow, do you have any winter plans to go skiing, sledding, or trips to a yurt?

Look for missionary opportunities in all that you do! I've really been wanting to see if I can start a missionary blog while I'm on my mission, but I need to work out a few details and talk to my mission president so we'll see how hat goes! There are so many ways we can help others find the truth that they are so desperately seeking, and I know that with all of your talents you will find some pretty incredible things to do!

I've been thinking a lot about the power that we each have to influence those around us, and as the world is becoming more connected, we have some incredible opportunities to make a difference. We certainly can't do everything, but as we apply ourselves, work with those around us, and follow the subtle promptings of the Holy Ghost, God is able to work miracles through us for the benefit of countless people who have died, are still living, and even those who have not yet been born. We are all key pieces in the grand design that our Heavenly Father has so lovingly and carefully prepared for us, and if we so choose, we can be the means of doing truly incredible things during our short time on is earth.

Our work in Hachioji has largely been focused on building relationships of trust with the people who we have already met, but who do not currently have a desire to receive any lessons. It's been difficult to accept the fact that some people just do not want to learn more about our church as of now, but I hope that over time they can feel through our love and see through our examples the kind of blessings that they can receive for themselves if they are just willing to take a leap of faith!

I love you all!
Elder Christensen

Eating at Denny's

Service activity
Service at Takao Park

No comments:

Post a Comment