Monday, November 10, 2014

Adam's e-mail from November 10, 2014



Oh my dear, dear family! How can I tell you all the ways that I love
you! Even though I can't be there with you, please know that I'm doing
all that I can to do what you taught me and be a fitting
representative of our family name and the name of Christ.
I wish I could have been there to laugh and cry and share in
remembering Colin and Grandpa, but knowing that you all were there
together makes it easier to deal with. The pictures were perfect, and
I would love to see as more if you can send them! Can you send me more
stories of Grandpa as well? There was only so much that I found out
before, and I would love to learn as much as I can!
I don't really remember those names, but I might remember faces! My
memory of O'Fallon is pretty fuzzy, but maybe it would jog my memory!
Also, I thought of another thing that I would like if you can send it!
I was just thinking about those little devotional quote books and
remembered how helpful and inspiring those were to read each morning!
You really did teach and prepare us well for the challenges we will
face, and I will be forever grateful for your and Dad's endless
sacrifices on our behalf. All the long nights, the long talks, the
careful preparation, the inspired guidance, the exciting traditions,
the delicious food, the loving hugs and kind words made all the
difference in my life!

Things have been pretty difficult here in Hachioji lately, with most
of our investigators dropping contact with us and the others just not
really having any interest in progressing. There is still so much that we can improve
on, and I'm trying hard to be patient. I'm trying to do all that I
can, but also be not too critical. I've been trying to find fun, new
ways to shake things up and too be a little more astonishing rather
than "blending in" to masses of people.
Miracles are still happening though, even if they're not what I would
normally expect.
One miracle that have seen happened yesterday as we were heading to a
members home for a meal, and we saw a man tending to some plants
outside his house. Usually, people will talk for a little before
making it clear that they don't want to talk, but this man
spoke with us for an hour and a half and really opened up his heart to
us. He said several times that he wasn't particularly interested in
religion, by with his wife passing away recently and his sons moved
away, he felt lonely and in need of a friendly presence in his life.
He was more than willing to meet again, and for the first time, we
actually know where one of our investigators lives so Howe can visit
him again! I still didn't understand a lot if what he said, and I was
tempted to invite him and move on, but I felt prompted to wait and
listen and be the person who would be there for this man when no one
else would. No one deserves to be alone in this life, and I know for a
fact that Heavenly Father is watching out for this dear child of God
and for Each and every one of us. His love is real, and you can feel
it in your own lives if you humbly go before him in prayer and offer
up a willing and a faithful heart. I don't know what will happen with
him, but I would be so grateful if you would keep him and us in your
prayers.

I love you all so much and look forward to sharing more memories with you!
Elder Christensen

1. Youth Cooking activity


No comments:

Post a Comment