Monday, March 14, 2016

Transfers Again! March 14, 2016


Welcome home Sam! If you get the chance to talk to him, let Sam know that I met Ken Urata, who also served in Fukuoka, while I was serving in Kamakura. 

Dear everyone!
Sorry for not updating you very well last week, but the transfers have come and gone again. It's really a strange feeling to only live in a place for 3 months and then leave. I constantly feel like there was so much more I wanted to do, so much more I wanted to give, people I wanted to meet and teach and help. For the next 6 weeks and hopefully until I end my service as a full time missionary, I have been assigned to the Machida 1st ward in the Machida Stake and have been asked to serve as District Leader of the missionaries here with Elder Menzawa as my companion, a bundle of fun from Ibaraki Prefecture and a diligent planner of preparation day activities. 
One of the first things that everyone here said to me here was that they wanted to be unified as a district and to work together to support the people that we teach as they change their lives to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and eventually join the church, which is an brand new group of people, responsibilities, and pressures.
Right now, there are 3 people that Elder Menzawa and I are meeting regularly, 3 that the zone leaders, Elder Jesperson and Elder Naganuma are working with, 2 that the sisters are meeting with, and several that the other 2 elders, Elder Phillips and Elder Willard are working with.
Staying organized in a new area has been the hardest obstacle so far, and I'm praying that Heavenly Father will help me as I'm adjusting because there is so much potential here. The ward members are loving, bold, open, and willing to help. 
With the short time I have left, I would just like to ask that you pray so that the missionaries here in Machida and the members will be able to work together in unity. The desire is there on both sides, and if we  can find a way to work together, then I know that miracles will happen.

Doctrine and Covenants 88:118 "seek learning, even by study and by faith". 
Study is important but we must also learn by acting in faith.

I love you!
Elder Christensen


No comments:

Post a Comment