Monday, October 19, 2015

October 19, 2015 letter

October 19, 2015

My dear family!
I'm listening to the talks from Conference often! It's difficult to
pick one in particular right now, but I loved them all! I haven't
gotten the package yet, but that doesn't mean it's not at the mission
office. I'll let you know when I get it!

Wow, I don't think I have to say it, but time is speeding by and my
friends are growing up without me! It's one thing to know that people
will eventually grow up, but it's quite another to actually see it
happen. We really need their strength, obedience, and faith in the
mission field because there are a lot of forces out here working
against us as well.


I guess I never really felt much of that opposition before or at least
I chose to ignore or avoid it before. The blessings and truths of the
gospel are certainly real and the happiest and most joyful of truths
out there. We are sons and daughters of a Heavenly Father who loved us
before, loves us now, and will always love us and seek to bless us.
The wonders of the world around us bear witness of it! Jesus Christ
lived, suffered for each of our mistakes, failings, shortcomings,
sins, died, and rose from the midst of the dead. Because of Him, we
too can overcome our natural desires to do wrong, do right, and live
with our Father in Heaven and families forever. This joyful message
was always a part of my life that I guess I didn't consider what the
burdens would be. Recently, I've felt perhaps God has been allowing me
to feel more of the burden and pain that comes with discipleship
although I'm not sure I fully understand why.
When all is said and done though, I would much rather choose this
path, the path less traveled. I don't know all of the lessons that I
need to learn from my mission, but I do know that Christ has promised
that he won't leave us comfortless when we must, of necessity, suffer.
As painful as the climb of repentance can be, the joy of looking back
from the summit of success is worth it.

From your loving son,
Elder Christensen





No comments:

Post a Comment