Monday, July 13, 2015

e-mail from July 13, 2015

Dear Mom, Dad, Amanda, Blake, Bennett, Aaron, and this week, I want to give a loud hello and I love you to  my  dearest friends.   I had some time to reflect this week, and I just remembered how much of an impact you all have in my life! You were forgiving when I was a little scatterbrained or immature and supportive when things got a little hard! You showed me how to be a little more like Christ in everything I do and I know without a doubt that each one of your hearts is truly kind and pure. 

I can't believe so many people have come home from their missions already! I bet a ton of people are getting married and other crazy shenanigans as well so I won't even try to think about that. Time is a slippery fella, but it is also one of the greatest gifts God has given us. Just think about for a second. Because time passes, we can look forward with anticipation and backward with a sense of accomplishment. Of course, there is also worry and regret, but in the end, we are the ultimate masters of our fate. If you get a chance, check out the poem "Invictus" or 2 Nephi 2:27 in the Book of Mormon! 
In the end, WE make the ultimate decision of what we will do and who we will become, and we have been given the time to do so. We do not have to do anything simply out of forced coercion. If we have a desire or a goal, we must let that guide our actions. With that said, I can testify that in the end, the path to happiness lies only by following the gospel of Jesus Christ, and I know that those who seek after good and seek after truth will find their way to that path.
Hodogaya is slowly and steadily moving forward and everyone in the ward is getting so excited for a baptism this weekend and the return of several longtime friends from inactivity. 

Please never forget to try to do your best at all times and to be the best person you can be,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment