Thursday, July 23, 2015

Adam's e-mail from July 20, 2015


Dear Mom, Dad, Amanda, Blake, Bennett, Aaron, and friends!
The package was a miracle from heaven thank you!  My companion's name is Elder M, and he is from Japan
​. 
I think that I think too much about my responsibilities as a district leader haha. Naturally, I want to do my best, but I'm pretty sure I try too hard to plan it all perfectly and trip up myself in the process. The most difficult thing by far  is planning activities and trying to get everyone's schedules to match because it's not a problem that can be solved by yourself. The other elders in H, through much prayer and help from dedicated members, were able to see their investigator enter the waters of baptism this last Saturday. He really exercised a lot of faith to make the step although his wife and daughter weren't too supportive, but we are all doing our best to help him take whatever steps he needs to be united with them for eternity in the temple.

English class is starting to pick up the pace! We had several new families start coming with their kids, and they are little bundles of joy. Seriously, way cute! The parents are great examples of unity and just knowing how to play simple and wholesome games. 

My thoughts are all over the place today. With the addition of Facebook again, we're still trying to figure out a good way to get in contact with everyone as well as get everything set up again. If there's one lesson, I've learned it's too not bite off more than you can chew because you rarely can handle it. Learning to juggle 10 balls at once requires the patient addition of first 1, then 2, then 3 balls and so on. Don't try to juggle them all at once right at the beginning!!! It took God seven days to make the earth and written that to all things there is a time so we should always work both intelligently and by the guidance of the Spirit.

Love, love, love,
Elder Adam Christensen


No comments:

Post a Comment