Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year! January 3, 2016

Dear Mom, Dad, Amanda, Blake, Bennett, Aaron, family and friends,

What a blessing it is to have deadlines! I've come to terms with the fact that I've entered the final 5 months of my mission here in Japan, but I don't think I've ever felt more prepared or more excited for anything in my life. Who could ever get trunky when there is so much good left to be done? I think it's pretty incredible that each of you are doing such great things, and I can't believe how far we've come already.

I love what is written to us in the Missionary Handbook from the Quorum of the Twelve  Apostles, "Time is one of the most precious resources you've been given". God has lovingly given us time to learn, grow, and experience, and he has also mercifully and lovingly given us an end to that time as well. Death comes suddenly and it also can come slowly, but if we are prepared, we don't need to fear. I am grateful for God's loving gift of His Son, Jesus Christ, who showed us the way to prepare, and who, through His sacrifice and through our obedience to commandments and sacred covenants, will lift us to the greatest gift and reward in existence, eternal life! 
I love my Heavenly Father. I love Christ, and I desire to be like them!

With all my love,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment