Monday, April 6, 2015

Happy Easter! Adam's e-mail from April 5, 2015


I feel your love so much! And actually, I try to take every
opportunity to tell everyone what amazing parents I have and how much
I want to share what they taught me!
Conference will still be a week later then America, but I'm anxiously
anticipating the spiritual boost to my testimony and to those here
in Japan. Is there anything in particular I should look for?
I not only got the package, but we were able to use all of it to have
a miracle of an Easter party this last Saturday! I don't have words to
describe it all, but we had several people come to the church for the
first time and members as well

My testimony and experiences this week are all based on the members
here in H. They are pretty incredible, and I can't believe it's
taken me 10 months to figure it out! They may be busy almost every day
of the week, but they still manage to make time for the missionaries
and share their testimonies. We met with several young adult members
this last week, and man, I have a lot to learn from them! I love them
so much! One, is a young man, starting his first year in university in
the heart of Yokohama, and the other is a seasoned worker who is
building his testimony slowly and steadily in hopes to go on a
mission. We've have many different opportunities to help with little
things like helping them set up apartments, sharing testimonies,
showing them around the church building, and simply being a shoulder
to lean on in a world that is rushing around them. Yesterday, they
both bore powerful and sweet testimonies, and I was really just filled
with a sense of pride and love seeing how much they are trying.
Sometimes, there are people who don't need us to push them or pull
them. There are enough things like that in their lives already.
Sometimes, we just need to be the support that keeps them steady in a
world of opinions that are  blowing every which way.  There is hope in
the gospel of Christ. Moroni 7:41

"And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise.​"​
​ ​
I know it, and if there are any of
you who is wondering where they can turn to for hope, please please
please don't think you are alone. You never are.
I love you all so much!
Elder Christensen


No comments:

Post a Comment