Tuesday, September 23, 2014

September 23, 2014 Greetings from Hachioji!!



 I'm running a little short on time so I'll jump right
into my week!

Missionary work has definitely been speeding up in Japan and all over
the world, and it's an inspiring thing to be a part of! Facebook is
full of people sharing the gospel and their testimonies, which I've
never seen on this scale before! The temple in Tokyo was full even on
a weekday, and we've had several meetings discussing the incredible
importance that family history work plays in hastening the work!
Our personal missionary work in Hachioji has had a lot of ups and
downs with several investigators coming and going and some deciding
not to continue. However, several investigators have really started to
progress, and there are some incredibly prepared people who have begun
down the path and are holding fast to the rod.
We have a potential investigator named D who just came to a ward
activity and has just a genuine kindness and excitement that really
impresses me! He developed some strong relationships with ward members
and was curious to learn more about our church meetings and what we
do. Nothing is for sure, but I'm praying harder than I ever have
before that he will feel the Spirit and be willing to plant a seed of
faith. I know that it won't be through me that he gains a testimony
and an enduring faith. This work is truly inspired, and I've seen the
difference it can have on people's lives! Miracles do happen, and I
feel so blessed to be a part of it!

I love you all!
Elder Christensen
1. Elder Berube and I at the temple
2. Talking with some cool high school students!





No comments:

Post a Comment