Monday, August 25, 2014

August 25, 2014

Thank you so much for the pictures!  I can attest to feeling a little shell shocked after arriving from a long flight, but I bet Blake was still happy to see friends and family again! It would be pretty hard to describe an entire 2 years of your life especially when new and exciting things are happening every day! I guess that's what a journal is for, and I'm already so grateful for mine. I've been blessed to have seen miracles already, but because things are still incredibly difficult so I hope that my journal helps me remember all the amazing things that are actually happening!
And Blake, feel free to share any of that advice with me whenever you get the chance because I need all the help I can get and remember, I get a slap when I get back so don't forget!
Tell all of the cousins hi and tell Leandra congratulations on her engagement! She'll probably have a child by the time I get back, which is kind of strange to think about, but I'm happy for her!
I bet it was amazing to hear Elder Bednar speak! I couldn't listen to or read too many of their words and testimonies because they're just that inspiring, and I know that their witnesses are true!
It sounds everyone is doing well, and please know that I'm praying for all of you every day! 
Also, if you get the chance, Bennett, Aaron, and Blake, I would love to hear from you about life, what you're studying in the scriptures, and any advice that you want to hear from me or give to me! I really do miss all of you, but I know that you're all doing great things so I don't need to worry.
This last week was full of twists and turns that forced me to revaluate my mindset, attitude, and goal setting strategies, but I think that, at the end of it all, I came out better an I went in and gained new insight into how I can improve as a missionary and a person. I had an interview with the mission president, and he made sure that I was focusing on the right goals and being patient with myself. Through making better goals and really trying to achieve them, I've seen more blessings come into my service so I know that goals really are inspired tools! We've found several potential investigators during the last few days, and even though they may not seem like 金人(golden investigators), that makes me want to do my best even more! We had a lesson with one of them, a Sri Lankan man named A, who though that we were Jehovah's Witnesses, but we still had a good discussion about beliefs and morals and invited him to come to church on Sunday. He was tentative and noncommittal, but I hope that he will still come regardless of his worries because I believe that it really will help him.
How have goals helped all of you in your lives and missions? I would love to hear your words of wisdom so that I can continue to learn and grow!
Most times I still feel like a fish out of water, just kind of out of place, in Japan, but through the ward and missionaries, It's starting to feel more familiar. The Bishop's family has really made transition much easier too! Their mom is the ward choir pianist, which I'm singing in, and is always doing things to help the missionaries. Their little children are great too! They called me     お兄ちゃん yesterday, which means older brother, and I that made me really happy too! I'm really trying to get involved in the ward and let them know that I'm ready to do any and everything that I can to help so that they will desire to join in the hastening of the work. I might end of giving a lesson in Young Men's about Duty to God, and I really just want them to know what they're capable of as priesthood holders. 

Thank you for all that you do and remember the missionaries in your prayers!
Love, 
Elder Christensen
Hachioji Ward Choir

Famous Japanese cartton character

No comments:

Post a Comment