Thursday, July 10, 2014

Happy 4th of July!


Fireworks from Stadium of Fire!

A little 4th of July fun with the district

Feeling a little more reserved


Dear Family,

I got the packages, and I'm so happy that you all thought of me and sent great gifts! The Japanese food was a hit, and it's weird to think that I'll actually be in Japan in 2 and a half weeks!
I predict that Germany beats Argentina, but I won't be sad if it goes the other way. 
I heard about the Typhoon from some of my district,and I'm glad that I'm missing the bulk of the rainy season this year because it sounds like a nightmare! 

So this week has been fantastic, and even though things are starting to pick up here at the MTC, I'm having the most fun so far! First off, we celebrated the 4th of July with a devotional about the true heroes of the world, watching 17 Miracles, and then watching the fireworks from the Stadium of Fire! I hadn't seen 17 Miracles for a while, but in the context of heroes, I couldn't help but be overcome with emotion. Some people gave up everything that they had to help those around them and gave no thought to their own needs. There truly is power in service! Those who only focus on themselves and their own needs will find that life is short, bitter, and devoid of love and joy. Through selfless, charitable service and dedicating our lives to lifting others up, you, and those around you, will achieve amazing things, and you will see miracles. Miracles do exist! I know that they do because I've seen them! The secret to finding joy in this life is heartfelt service to others, and if you do this, I know that you will receive more blessings than you could possible imagine! Elder Neil L. Anderson spoke at our Tuesday Devotional, and we're so fortunate to have heard from him! He bore testimony of the power of the Holy Ghost, and I know that he spoke the truth! When I place my faith in my Heavenly Father, I never have to worry about being led astray. I can give my all because I have faith that if I do my part, God will do his! I love you all, and I hope that we can all learn to recognize and appreciate the heroes in our own lives! 

Gambate Kudasai!
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment